lundi 9 janvier 2012

Aventure - To find the good sizes - Part 1

Bonjour : )

I’ve started this blog in august 2011 and I’ve started to write reviews (on sport bra for example).

But with all the work that I had to do, I didn’t have the time to complete them.

But, yesterday happened something so frustrating that I needed to write about it and made a review!
___________________________________________________


So I didn’t present myself, I will do it better later, but for now I can tell you that I’m a mid-twennies woman from Québec, Canada.
(Yeah, french is my maternal language, so be patient with some errors that I could have done! Thanks!


So, I enjoy a lot of things, including swing dancing! :D  And I happens to be in many swing dance teams too. (yeah, with aerials and fast dance and all!)

Which means a good sport bra! ...but also dance costume for shows and competitions!

Oh, and I happens to have boobs.
...big boobs!
...and I have a small frame.  Which mean that I have a hard time finding bra that fits me well. And dance costumes too!

_____________________________________________

Ok, so yesterday, I went to try a dance costume someone of my team saw, for our next show.
Since I am an hourglass figure (small frame with a lot of curves), it’s usually hard to find something that fits me well.
So I went to the store.
A popular store in Québec named: «La vie en Rose». (witch means : Life in pink)

I tried the costume. I tried all sizes. Nothing was fitting me well...

Trying to do my best again, I decide to go in one of the only store that sells something that can fits me and try to find something that could look alike...  It's the shop «Ainsi soit-elle». (which mean «Thus she is» or something that can translate in: «She is the way she is and let her be».)

____________________________________

That was my favourite store before I discovered Bravissimo.  But I’ll talk about that marvelous shop later!
____________________________________

So I walked to the «Ainsi soit-elle» shop.
...and what do I see?
«La vie en Rose».  
.
WHATT?!??!
Yeah, one (my favorite) of the only few stores in which I was able to find european brands (Chantelle, Freya) that have sizes that can fits me is GONE! :’(

The girl tells me : yeah, we have been brought by «La vie en Rose»…



So I go back to the first shop.

And to really try my best for the sake of my team, I went with the same sale girl to find a black bra to put under the costume and try to manage something.

____________________________________

Ok, another parenthesis: ...most of the time, I wear 28FF. (32E in some brand (smaller Europeans brand) can works, but will never fits as well as 28FF...)
Because, as this image shows, the CUPS (and cups only) are approximately the same in a 28FF than in a 30F (and than in a 32E and a 34DD) ...so, sometimes you can go from a 28FF to a 30F if a brad is making smaller bra than the one you were taking 28FF.

What is changing, it’s the band size. And this is what is really holding your breasts.
So my point is:
If you don’t wear the good size of bra it’s almost as if you are not wearing one, or worse!
Because a band too loose or cups that are too smalls can really hurt you and your breast tissues. :(

____________________________________

So, back in the first «La vie en Rose» store.

I know that this store don’t have 28FF. 
And I doubt about 32E, so I start by asking for 32DD.

-         --Her: «Oh, we don’t  [even]  have 32 D !»

I look at her in disbelieve. (She is shaped like me, but just maybe a little bit more big...)

-          --Me: «what??»
Looking at her again: clearly she have almost the same size of breasts than mine, and she also have a small frame so I can’t prevent myself from asking :

-          --Me: «You have no 32D ? Are you kidding me? ...So, what are YOU wearing right now?!»
(often, most persons working in a shop ‘need’ to have some/most of their clothes in  the brand they sell)

--Her: 
   «I’m wearing a 34C.» (and with her open shirt I can then clearly see the gap between the middle of the bra and her shik)
-         -- Me: « What?! ...32 DD would fits you so better!»
-          And then, she looks silently at me what that «I know what you are talking about» look on the face...

Back to her duties, she tells me that 2 models are done in a better way to fits curves like ours.
So I tried them.

I was surprised... It wasn’t as bad as I first thought...

Because the first one was smaller at the back so it would fits like an «old-but-already-been-a-good-fitting-bra.»
The second one underwires’ were really  pressing on my breast tissues, but was so well covered at the front, that you couldn’t tell it was a bad fitting bras from just the look of it.

Haha...

So the girl asked me if they were fitting.
I answer her, while showing the result:
  -- Me:  «well... I surprised, you know, so many girls are not wearing the good bra size... and in fact your bra today must fits you around the same ways this one does on me... »

again, I got no answer... But hey eyes were soooo agreeing with me.

  -- Me:  «...so that’s not THAT bad I suppose...»  I said, while going back to the changing room.


I got dressed back in my own (good fitting, 28FF, Bravissimo) bra. And I couldn’t repress myself from opening the curtains again to show her what a good fitting bra was!
(yeah...I know... it’s a little mean... but it was for her own good ^^)

Anyways, I show her, in 5 second... (with few words, pointing bra parts and saying ‘’there, you see?’’) how the center of the bra was touching my skin, how all my breast were well in the cup, not being cut by underwire or the top of the cup (commonly named 4-dri/double boobs), how the back wasn’t ridding in my back, how straps were not digging in my shoulders and how well supported I was.  ...such criteria that were not met by the two bra she had made me try.

So, as her face changes from surprise to interess, and finally to curiosity and a kind of envy, I told her:  
  -- Me: «If you want great fitting bras for you, look for «Bravissimo» on the internet.»

Suddenly coming out of hey silence, she finally speak.

-        --Her: «Bravissimo?» she ask, clearly making a mental note.

-            -- Me: «Yeah, Bravissimo!»

And I thanks her for the great service she gave me, even if I was in a «hot temper» mood.

I went back home.

_____________________________________________

part 2 > > >

_____________________________________________

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire